Saturday, March 5, 2011

Over-night cornstarch

Well it's been about a week and I am loving the overnight cornstarch.

My Sweetie Pie is sleeping through the night!!! He has never done this before in his whole life.  I'm so happy for him and us, I can sleep in my own bed again!

My hubby and I are taking turns giving his feedings at night and that helps with the sleep. We are able to each get about a 5 hour block of uninterrupted sleep. I will admit though, that have this little worry in the back of my mind that I will sleep through the alarm and back up alarm and it makes for a light sleep. I've also gotten up and had everything prepared before I realized I was an hour early. *sigh* Better early than never, I guess.

Evan's blood sugar are seeming to do better in the morning now too. Before, he was having a hard time in the morning when we would transistion from pump to cornstarch. He would always drop really fast- as much as 20-25 "points" in a 1/2 hour. I thought it was only the pump causing this but it seems that he just has a pattern of low blood sugar first thing in the morning and so I made some adjustments and he is maintaining well.


 So with this hurdle crossed, now on to eating food- with his mouth. And figuring out this crazy diet!

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Yay for a victory!