Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Halleujah!!!

Tommorrow night Evan will sleep without his feeding pump!

I am really so excited for many reason.

I'm hoping it will mean that he will sleep through the night. He hasn't really ever done that since he was born. The pump made it more difficult because he would get caught up in it and that would disturb him.

It will be safer. I don't have to worry about him opening up the ports and it leaking everywhere in the night. It has happened a few times and luckily we caught it in time to boost his blood sugar back up before it was too severe of a problem.

Yes, we will still have to get up a couple times in the to do a feeding of formula and cornstarch but it is so much more worth it to me knowing there is one less thing to worry about.

So here is to waking up to mulitple alarms and hoping I'm still happy that I fought for this change.

We will see in a week how I still feel about it :)

Speaking of alarms, there goes one right now...

1 comment:

Linnea said...

I'm excited for you and I sympathize with your trepidation. When the Spirit seems to whisper what's best and we do what we can to make it happen it's a little disconcerting to ponder about the possibility we may have misunderstood or that there may be another complication around the corner. You're a great mom and I'm sure what you have worked for is just what he needs!