Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Positive Steps

My sweetie pie has been making some positive steps in his eating habits.
Im so excited to see him actually exhibit hunger, he hasnt really done that since being placed on a feeding tube in June. Somtimes he wont let me out of the kitchen!
He isn't eating full meals but hes eating more while he grazes. One night he ate 3 chicken nuggets in a row. Chicken nuggets, let alone 3 had otherwise been unheard of.
He is also experimenting with more textures. At Christmas I made him some sugar free pudding with rice milk. He ate a few bites cautiously. Previously this texture would have made him gag and vomit.
I also have been encouraging him to drink his cornstarch. He's been drinking about an ounce of it and then refusing at which point I put the other two oz through his tube.
All of these things are making me hopeful that he will soon be able to get off of all his formula during the day.
He also has been enjoying carrying a carrot around to gnaw on.

No comments: